Need to know easy methods to view location historical past in Google Maps? In any case, Google is aware of the place you go, so why cannot you even entry that info?
Location Historical past is a function of your Google Account that saves particulars of all of the locations you go to and the routes you’re taking there. This works on any cellular machine you are signed in to your Google Account on and have Location Historical past turned on.
The information collected by Location Historical past is on the market to view in Google Maps, each the Maps web site in your desktop browser, and the Maps app for Android or iOS.
While you view your location historical past, you are possible involved with the quantity of knowledge Google shops about these locations. Even in case you have turned the function off, it nonetheless hangs on to knowledge out of your previous journeys till you ask Google to take away it.
Right here we’ll clarify the most effective methods to discover your location historical past, delete exercise knowledge you don’t need Google to retailer, and stop it from monitoring you sooner or later.
How one can View Location Historical past in Google Maps: In Your Desktop Browser
1. Go to Google Maps Web site (opens in new tab) in your browser and Click on the three-line menu button within the upper-left nook. In case you do not see this button, click on the arrow to broaden the facet panel.
On opening the menu, Choose “Your Timeline”.
2. Google Maps will now be displayed A map displaying all of the locations you have beenwhereas Location Historical past was enabled in your cellphone. There are two methods to browse this info.
3. First, you may Discover your location historical past utilizing the Timeline function within the upper-left nook.
Click on on the drop-down menu to Select a yr and month, or a particular dayTo see the locations you visited throughout that point interval on the principle map.
Optionally, hover your mouse over the timeline and click on the left and proper arrows to maneuver ahead and backward over time, and select a time interval that facet. The map will regulate accordingly.
4. One other approach is to view your location historical past by location. Click on the oblong purple field within the bottom-left nook This exhibits what number of locations you could have visited.
This may open a horizontal panel itemizing all of the locations you may Filter to point out solely your “most considered”. Use the sliders on the backside to find the locations you have been.
5. While you hover your mouse over a location, a pin will seem on the map to mark its location. Click on on Location and choose “Final Journey in Timeline” To see the way you had been there final time, and even how you bought there out of your saved house deal with.
Choose “Location Particulars” To see extra details about the place, comparable to its deal with, contact particulars and web site, and instructions to get there.
6. To cease – or “pause” – Google Maps shops particulars of in all places you may go, Click on the Handle Location Historical past button, When the Exercise Management web page opens, Transfer the Location Historical past slider to Off,
7. You may have Google routinely delete your location historical past after a set period of time. Click on “Auto-Delete” on the Exercise Controls web page select extra Robotically delete location knowledge after three, 18 or 36 months,
8. Alternatively, now you can delete your complete location historical past. Click on on the trash can icon within the lower-right nook of the principle map,
When the “Completely Delete All Location Historical past” message seems, Test the “I perceive and wish to delete all location historical past” field, then click on Delete Location Historical past.
How one can View Location Historical past in Google Maps: Within the Cellular App
1. Open the Google Maps app in your Android or iOS machine. Faucet your profile image or letter within the higher proper nook and choose your timeline, This may present you a listing of all of your visited locations.
2. The Google Maps app gives much more choices for viewing your location historical past than the web site.
In addition to exploring the locations by day, you may Faucet Journeys to see your journey particularsConsists of the locations you could have visited and the way far you could have traveled there.
3. you can even faucet location To see locations grouped into classes like Buying, Accommodations, Meals & Drink, Points of interest and Airports.
choose cities To see while you final visited a selected metropolis or city, and what number of locations you visited whereas there. both faucet world To see what number of cities and cities you have been to in a selected nation.
4. Faucet your profile image once more and Choose “Your knowledge in Maps”. you may right here Flip Location Historical past on and offand examine and delete particulars of your actions by Choosing “View and Delete Exercise”.
5. Google Maps helps you to save your location historical past earlier than deleting it. Faucet “Obtain your Maps knowledge” To open Google Takeout.
Choose the info you wish to obtainThen faucet Subsequent and Select the way you wish to ship it: Through electronic mail or added to Google Drive or some other storage service.
Faucet “Create Export” And you’ll obtain a zipper file containing your location historical past, which to maintain ceaselessly and discover in your spare time.